The course focuses on the nature, structure and objectives of joint ventures and strategic alliances and highlights the requirements for effective corporate partnership.
Participants will learn to assess whether a proposed joint venture is likely to be the most effective means of promoting a company’s activities into new markets, product lines or services.
Emphasis is placed upon the identification of a suitable partner and upon the establishment of a workable structure, an effective management and an efficient exit route.
The legal framework and related tax consequences of particular types of joint venture and strategic alliance are also outlined within the overall context of an essentially practical course.
Joint Ventures & Strategic Alliances
Full list of videos for this course
- Video 01: Introduction – Background
- Video 02: Advantages of Corporate Partnering – Purpose
- Video 03: Advantages of Corporate Partnering Initial Considerations
- Video 04: Objectives of Corporate Partnering – Motivation
- Video 05: Selecting a Corporate Partner – Decision Process
- Video 06: Selecting a Corporate Partner – Overall Strategic Assessment
- Video 07 Selecting a Corporate Partner – Negotiation
- Video 08: Reasons For Failure – Traps To Avoid
- Video 09: Analysing The Downside – Risk Assessment
- Video 10: Types of Structure – Overview
- Video 11: Types of Structure – Contractual Joint Venture
- Video 12: Types of Structure – Corporate Joint Venture
- Video 13: Types of Structure – Dual-Headed Structure
- Video 14: Types of Structure – Strategic Alliance/Equity Investment
- Video 15: Types of Structure – Partnership
- Video 16: Types of Structure – European Union Structures
- Video 17: Legal Considerations – Negotiating The Contracts
- Video 18 Management Overview
- Video 19: Management – Qualities & Implementation
- Video 20: Management – Minority Protection
- Video 21: Termination – Exit Planning