14 videos – 4 hours 27 minutes
The course focuses, from a practical point of view, on the content and terminology of specific documents and their intended consequences.
Particular problem areas are highlighted so that corporate financiers will achieve an appreciation of the objectives that their lawyers should be seeking to achieve on their behalf.
Such knowledge should enable commercial negotiations to proceed more smoothly and potential ‘deal breakers’ to be identified at an early stage. Problems can then be resolved informally as they arise rather than in marathon negotiating sessions where the positions of the parties may have become entrenched.
Understanding Corporate Finance Documents
Full list of videos for this course
- Video 01: Initial Documents – Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Video 02: Initial Documents – The Information Memorandum
- Video 03: Supporting Documents – Heads of Agreement, Exclusivity Agreements, Comfort Letters
- Video 04: Principal Documents – Shareholders’ Agreements
- Video 05: Principal Documents – Service Agreements, Consultancy Agreements
- Video 06: Principal Documents – Option Agreements
- Video 07: The Structure of an Agreement – Parties, Definitions, Pre-conditions, Covenants
- Video 08: The Structure of an Agreement – Representations & Warranties
- Video 09: The Structure of an Agreement – The Purpose & Scope of Warranties
- Video 10: The Structure of an Agreement – Protection Clauses for the Seller
- Video 11: The Structure of an Agreement – Effect of the Seller’s Disclosure Letter
- Video 12: The Structure of an Agreement – Protection Clauses & Remedies for the Buyer
- Video 13: Completion – Managing a Completion Meeting
- Video 14: Completion – Resolving timing problems